An official army family and MWR Site

Parent Central Services

Current CYS Program & Facility Status Information

Fort Lee CYS is currently only offering childcare services for approved COVID-19 Mission Essential patrons.

Care will provided at Yorktown CDC and the School Age Center, depending on your child's age. Parent Central Services will also resume services, in person by appointment only or via phone and email.

Fort Lee CYS Mission Essential patrons will be identified at the Command level and by CYS. If you have been deemed Mission Essential for Phase 1, Fort Lee CYS will contact you directly.

As the HPCON level decrease, childcare services will expand during the subsequent phases. The dates are to be determined.

For any questions, please contact us at CYS at or call +1 (804)765-3852.


CYS Fees: Fees will be applied only for approved Mission Essential care patrons starting June 15, 2020. Mission Essential patrons attending the School Age Center will be charged the weekly Summer Camp fee.

Drop-off and Pick-up: Drop-off and pick-up will be curbside. All children 3 years and older, attending care will be required to wear a mask. CYS will enhance screening, to include temperature scanning as part of the drop-off procedures.

All patrons entering the building must wear a mask.


Appointments are required for registration or re-registration.

Appointments are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Walk-Ins are welcomed on Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.  

CYS Services enhances readiness by reducing the conflict between parental responsibilities and their on-the-job mission requirements. It facilitates family self-reliance and reinforces Army values by providing predictable services for eligible children and youth 4 weeks to 18 years of age. - Start Here!

Using, you can find comprehensive information on child care programs worldwide, conduct a customized search for the care you need, and submit a request for care at any time and from any location. Follow these four steps.

Step 1 - Create an Account
Go to to create an account containing information about your family, or login using an existing username and password.  

Step 2 - Search and Request Care
Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your requests for care.

Step 3 - Manage my Requests
You can manage your requests for care from anywhere in the world.

Step 4 - Update my Profile
Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.  

Once you complete your request, you will receive an email confirmation. When a space becomes available, you will receive an email from Military Child Care inviting you to accept the space. After you accept the space, please contact Parent Central Services to see if there is anything more that is required before your child(ren) can be enrolled and begin care. 

To get started, visit  For questions and assistance, call +1 (855)696-2934.

Program Registration Information

Enrollment, registration process/paperwork must be submitted at CYS Parent Central Services. During the process, be prepared to submit:

  • Medical Action Plan for children/youth with special needs (food/other allergies, asthma, seizures, diabetes, etc.), physicals as appropriate.
  • Valid ID card (military/DoD civilian)
  • Current immunization record
  • Local emergency contacts
  • Family Care Plan, DA 5305 due within 30 days of registration
  • Current phone numbers
  • Proof of age document (ID card or birth certificate)
  • Current physical
  • Most recent pay stub for all patrons requesting full or part day care
Additional Information

Babysitter Training and Referral:
Babysitting training courses are for youth 13-18. We keep a referral list for parents interested in utilizing this childcare option.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

*What services does CYS provide?

  • Full-day child care
  • Part-day preschool
  • Youth Sports
  • Seasonal Camps
  • SKIES Unlimited
  • Open recreation for teens
  • Hourly care
  • Strong Beginnings Pre-K program
  • Recreational classes
  • Before/After-school programs

*Not all programs are offered at every garrison. Please check with your local CYS office to verify availability of programs.


What can be provided as proof of eligibility?
The sponsor’s ID card or DEERS enrollment forms that prove legal guardianship. If the sponsor is a biological parent, a birth certificate works, too.


Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Contact your local Parent Central Services to get your questions answered, by email, phone or in person.


Where can I register?
Visit Parent Central Services.


What do I need to register?

  • Government ID
  • Contact information
  • Two local emergency contacts
  • Immunization Documentation, unless school age children are enrolled in a local public school system where proof of currency of vaccination is required
  • Deployment orders (if applicable)
  • LES/pay voucher, student letter, or seeking employment verification (for on-base child care)


What full-day or before/after-school child care is available?

We offer three child care options:

  1. Family Child Care Providers
  2. On-base child care centers
  3. Army Fee Assistance for off-based child care (When no space is available in our programs within 30 days of your request)


How often must I register and why?
The Department of Defense requires children's records be updated at least annually for their health, safety and well-being.


When does my child need a sports physical?

Sports physicals are required by the first practice for your child to participate. The child may not participate until a sports physical has been completed by a physician. Sports physicals are required for seasonal competitive sports: baseball, basketball, cheerleading, flag football, soccer, track and field, and youth fitness programs.


When do I need to complete a health assessment for my child?

The health assessment is required 30 days from the date of registration. The health assessment is due every three years unless there are changes in your child’s medical condition before then.


Are immunizations required to register?

Yes. Kids five years and under need proof of immunizations. So do school age children not enrolled in a local public school system where proof of vaccination is required. Homeschool children are required to provide a copy of their immunization records.


What if my child needs special accommodations?

We welcome children with special needs. Every child will receive a recommended care plan based on the information presented from the Multi-disciplinary Inclusion Action Team. 


Are there exceptions to fees based on total family income for special circumstances?

Yes. Commanders have the authority to grant financial hardship waivers and must consider the balance of Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) income and appropriated fund support as they approve waivers. Approved fees must be within the fee categories established by DoD.


Are there discounts for multiple children from the same family?

There is a 15% reduction of fees for additional children of the same family, with the exception of contractor employees and specified space-available patrons (in accordance with Department of Defense fee guidance) who do not receive child care fee assistance.


What is available to me if I am retired?

Sports and SKIESUnlimited classes are available to retirees’ Families.. Retirees are allowed to use services on a space-available basis when there are no other eligible uses on the wait list.


What types of programs and activities are offered for middle school students and teens?

  • Leadership activities
  • Girls & Guy talk
  • Sports Clubs
  • How-to projects
  • Power Hours
  • Technology
  • Leisure activities and special events
  • Open recreation starting at 1 p.m. on school holidays
  • Summer Camp
  • Before School Supervision


What does the School Support Services Office do?

The School Liaison Officer works in conjunction with the CYS Division and the local school community to address educational issues involving military children. Through partnering with the local and military community, the School Liaison Officer acts as a communication link between the installation and the surrounding school districts.


How do I use MCC?

Go to to create an account containing information about your family, or to login using an existing username and password.

Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your request for care.

You can manage your requests for care from anywhere in the world.

Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.


  • Parent Central Services
  • Hours:
    Starting June 15, Parent Central Servies will resume normal hours of operation. EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020, Parent Central Services will close at 12 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month.

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 9 7 pm - 10 pm

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 16 7 pm - 10 pm

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 23 7 pm - 10 pm

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 30 7 pm - 10 pm

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 31 7 pm - 10 pm

Zombie Hunter Hayride

Oct 31 7 pm - 10 pm