Army Family Team Building
- AFTB (Level I) Military Knowledge (K) Modules train basic information about the Army: You’ll learn about Army life and how to manage daily challenges by discovering how to decipher Army acronyms, use community resources, attain better financial readiness, and understand the goal and impact of the Army mission on daily life.
- AFTB (Level II) Personal Growth and Resiliency (G) Modules train personal growth skills: Learn how to improve your personal relationships, communication and stress-management skills. Discover how teams form and grow, how to solve problems, and how to resolve personal conflict. You’ll also learn about Army traditions, customs, courtesies and protocol.
- AFTB (Level III) Leadership Development (L) Modules train leadership skills: Thrive in the Army and civilian life by expanding leadership skills. You'll learn effective communication techniques and how to mentor others into leadership positions. You’ll understand the different leadership styles, how to run an effective meeting, manage group conflict, and how to be an effective coach.
- Level I Military Knowledge Class Modules
- K.1 Military Life…What Does It Mean?
- K.2 Military Acronyms and Terms
- K.3 Chain Of Command
- K.4 Customs, Courtesies, Ceremonies, and Traditions
- K.5 Military Social Functions
- K.6 Military Benefits and Entitlements
- K.7 Introduction to Military and Civilian Community Resources
- K.8 Introduction to Family Readiness Groups
- K.9 Military Family Preparedness
- K.10 Resiliency, Be the Bouncing Ball
- Level II Personal Growth & Resiliency Class Modules
- G.1 Learn to Communicate
- G.2 Effective Conflict Management
- G.3 Problem Solving Strategies
- G.4 Exploring Personality Traits
- G.5 Improving Personal Relationships
- G.6 Successful Team Dynamics
- G.7 Growing Through Change
- G.8 Resiliency During Crisis and Grief
- G.9 Overcoming Stress
- G.10 Winning at Time Management
- G.11 Time to Serve: The Volunteer Experience
- G.12 Heading Towards Leadership
- Level III Leadership Development Class Modules
- L.1 Leadership Through Understanding Needs
- L.2 Examining Your Leadership Style
- L.3 Effective Communication for Leaders
- L.4 Developing Great Meetings
- L.5 Establishing Team Dynamics
- L.6 Resolving Conflict
- L.7 Supporting Others Through Coaching and Mentoring
- L.8 Virtual Meeting Tips and Techniques
- Instructor Training Course
The Instructor Training Course is offered quarterly. The course offers practical instruction for the following:
- How to be an effective instructor
- Utilizing platform skills
- How to effectively teach the adult learner audience
- Managing the learning environment
- Utilizing different methods of Instruction
- Becoming familiar with the preparation process for instruction
The 3-day course is geared to train and recruit volunteer Army Family Team Building instructors. It is also a great course for anyone who is looking for professional development in the area of instruction/teaching. It is open to everyone.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Army Family Team Building (AFTB) empowers you, through self-development and leadership skills, basic Army knowledge and specialized training, to maximize your personal and professional potential.
AFTB improves personal and family preparedness. It enhances overall Army readiness and the ability for America’s Army to adapt to a changing world.
For more information, contact your Army Community Service Family Program office or Army OneSource.