CYS Recruitment Fair
Start your CYS Career Today!
Ready to start a new career as a Child & Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) with great pay and benefits*? How does a $200 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS an $800 retention bonus* at the six month mark? Starting on 23 September, 2021, you apply for vacancies for the CYS Recruitment Fair!
CYS employment also comes with:
• Career Progression
• Training tied to salary increases and promotions
• Access to Childcare
• Flexible Work Hours – full-time, part-time, and flex positions
• Insurance Coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and life*
• Paid Leave – for full-time and part-time employees*
• Travel Opportunities
Hourly rates of pay are based on qualifications:
• Entry Level: $13.99
• Skill Level: $15.31
• Target Level: $17.19
Qualifications and Conditions:
• Must be at least 17 years old, a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee and in pursuit of a high school diploma, OR must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma/GED
• Communicate effectively in English (written & orally)
• Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks
• Health assessment and immunizations
• For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
*Benefits: Employees in Flexible appointment categories are ordinarily not eligible for participation in additional benefits (401k, life, medical, and retirement), however upon satisfying specific work-hour criteria may be eligible for medical coverage participation.
*Recruitment and retention bonus: A $200 recruitment bonus will be paid to the newly hired/rehired applicant upon appointment to the position. An $800 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly hired individuals selected from this Fair only.
VIRTUAL APPLICATION PROCESS:
Interviews will be conducted between 1 PM and 6PM on October 20, 2021. Eligible applicants are expected to be available during this time.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may submit their application package consisting of:
-Proof of education (e.g, high school diploma, transcripts, etc.), and
-Other supporting documentation (e.g., PCS orders and DD 214 (if applicable for military Spouses claiming SEP and for Veterans claiming OAV), etc.) -Professional References to include complete contact information
Use one one of the two methods identified below to apply:
(1) Electronically (preferred): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/615096500
If unable to apply online, applicants may submit their application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office representative firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications received after 10:30 AM local time will receive a message from the local NAF HR stating that they will not be considered for the hiring fair but they may apply via USAJOBS and be considered on future lists. to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 10:30 AM local time on October 20, 2021 in order to process your application in a timely manner.