- Registration and Fees
• Children must be registered through CYS before enrolling in Middle School Teen programs. Parents can register children at Central Registration Office (CRO), 10624 Yorktown Dr. or call commercial (804) 765-3852 for more information.
• Middle School and Teen program is free to CYS cardholders (fees may apply for field trips)
• Eligibility is extended to family members of active duty military personnel, DOD civilians and DOD contractors. Retired military personnel are eligible on a space available basis
• Middle School and Teen program is offered for youth in grades 6th-12th.
- Open Recreation
We offer the following After School, Evening, and Weekend activities:
- Life Skills and Citizenship
- Computer Club
- Chess Club
- Cooking Club
- 4-H Clubs
- Youth Councils - Keystone Club and Torch Club
- Youth Sponsorship
- Volunteer Community Service
- Smart Moves
- Mentoring and Intervention Services
- Teen Mentoring
- Passport to Manhood
- Educational Trips
- Homework Center with Onsite Tutor
- Parent Involvement
- Art, Recreation and Leisure
- Arts and Crafts
- Character Counts
- Recreational Trips
- Game Room
Special Events on Weekends
Check monthly calendars for Lock-ins, Dances, Tournaments, Pool Parties, Trips, etc.
- National Partnership with 4H and Boys and Girls Club
We partner with Boys & Girls Club of America and 4-H Club
Through these partnerships, we commit to helping youth of all backgrounds develop leadership skills, self-esteem and character. We strive to help all youth become responsible citizens by providing quality cultural, social, educational, physical and recreational opportunities in neighborhood facilities, providing a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun.
- YMCA Outreach
YMCA of the USA, the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense have launched the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative. The program addresses the needs of families of deployed military personnel who live far from a military installation and require access to child development, family strengthening, and healthy and well-being programming.
The YMCA Military Outreach Initiative leverages the YMCA movement's national scale and mission to engage families facing the hardship and uncertainty of military deployment. The nation's 2,686 YMCAs have the unique capacity to respond to the needs of this widely dispersed population through supportive community-based programs that foster a healthy spirit, mind and body.
- Youth Sponsorship
Youth Sponsorship plays a very important role in the moving process. Many questions and concerns are expressed when families move. For youth, the fear of the unknown is a scary and a very real concern. Here are some examples:
- Who will be my friends?
- What will my new school be like?
- What activities/sports are available?
- Will I fit in?
- What are the other kids wearing?
A Youth Sponsor will help answer these questions and many more. Their job is to help eliminate the unknowns, and build a friendship prior to the newcomer's arrival to the area. The most important part of being a Youth Sponsor is to be a friend and make the newcomer feel welcomed at Fort Lee, Virginia. A Youth Sponsor will be able to introduce the newcomer at school, to friends and at the Youth Center.
Local Youth Sponsorship
- If you are moving to this area and are interested in obtaining a Youth Sponsor for your child please call the Fort Lee Youth Center at +1 (804)734-2870 or the School Liaison Officer at +1 (804)765-3813.
- If you are living in this area now and your child would like to serve as a Youth Sponsor, become a member of the Fort Lee Youth Center, and get acquainted with the program activities visit the Fort Lee Youth Center or call (804) 734-2870.
Your youth will gain valuable leadership skills, youth sponsorship training, and become a key member of the community. We look forward to meeting you!
- Youth Center Calendar of Events
View the Youth Center calendar for February here.
View the Youth Center calendar for March here.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||2 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||Closed (Open the 1st & 2nd Saturday of the month, 1- 9 PM, unless it's a Goverment Training Holiday weekend )|
|Federal Holidays & Post Closures||Closed|
Hours of Operation Special Notice:
In addition to Federal Holidays this facility will be closed on the following CYS Professional Development Days: Feb. 15, 2019 and Nov. 08, 2019. Please note CYS will be closed on Nov. 29, 2019, the day after Thanksgiving.
The Middle School and Teen program offers a range of activities for youth ages 11-18 ( 6th through 12th grade) that promotes positive attitudes and reinforces Army core values. Youth Services sponsors a variety of programs offering youth opportunities in sports and fitness, life skills and citizenship, leadership, arts, recreation and leisure, mentoring, intervention and support services.
We offer special interest activities that vary each week. The facility features a gymnasium, youth lounge, game room, arts and crafts room, music room and outside patio. Other amenities include a homework center with an onsite tutor and a Youth Technology Lab.
Program Hours of Operations during the School Year (Youth, 11 - 18 years old):
Monday through Friday, 2 to 7 p.m.
1st & 2nd Saturday of the month, 1 to 9 p.m. (Special Notice: closed on Training Holiday Saturdays)
Program Hours of Operations during the Summer (Youth, 11 - 18 years old):
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Open Recreation, 1 to 9 p.m.
We are open at 1 p.m. on early release/school out days.
We offer camps during Summer, Spring and Winter breaks.
Take a quick tour of the Fort Lee Youth Center here.